homePROFILETAGBOARDCREDITStwitterfollow
Stepping Down Ceremony
It's so surreal I still haven't accept the fact that it's really over..
Thank you 33rd Student Council for all the memories that you've given me(:
Open House, Teachers' Day, Grad Night, Orientation, Friendship Week, Feedback Week
When I looked back and see how far I've come with the council, I realised how much they've been part of my life for the past one year.. Council have never meant so much to me until I actually sat down and look back how much it has given me..
In the council video, I said that I won't join council given another chance cause I don't think I'm good enough for council.. I really felt that way because I don't think I contributed much and I would be able to do more in another CCA. Council is more of event-planning which is not what I'm good at so I always feel like a burden during meetings. It was only until Orientation that I felt that I was actually doing something for 33rd, for SAJC. After the ceremony when the teachers were giving their speeches, Mr Chua said something like 'whenever I see the video and hear you say that you're not good enough, I really.....' (at this moment, he looked like he's going to cry and OMG, I actually made him want to cry??) then he continued with something like 'I have never expected you to think this way. When the teachers were deciding who to award the meritorious award, we had no questions and know you deserved it..' Do I really deserve it? I still doubt my abilities but I'm really thankful towards the teachers for having so much faith in me(:
To be honest, of course I wanted to get the award, but deep down in my heart, I feel that I don't deserve it and kept telling myself to keep my hopes down.. I really got a shock when they read my name.. Shocked, not surprised.. Then I asked God 'Is this true? Is this really what you're giving me? But why?' So many questions and yet I had the assurance that I'll get my answers.. Does Mr Chua's answers really reflect what You feel? Aftet thinking about it the whole day, I choose to believe that it was God's answer to me. Thank you for placing me in the 33rd Student Council, for allowing me to experiencce so much more things, thank you God(:
Now that council journey has come to an end, it's time to close the chapter and get ready for the next, A level's.
Dear God, thank you for helping me through this 1year++, pray that you'll continue to be my side supporting, encouraging and guiding me as I prepare myself for A's. Amen.
POSTED BY Junie Ang ON Thursday, May 19, 2011 @ 9:38 PM
back | all rights reserved desiree 2012 | forth