Yesterday marked my 8th week away from home;
another 3 more months till I'm going back to home and comfort
Cannot believe I've already been in Edinburgh for (almost) a month (:
Truly thank God for all the ups (dinners with nus peeps, chatting with flatmates, going for christian union hall group meetings) and downs (course conflicts, adjustments, homesickness) since I've got here (:
Coping pretty okay with studies..
Don't know if it's the right time but I'm actually putting quite a lot of effort (relative to past nus semesters) here and I'm quite liking studying here (:
Struggling with one of the core course I'm taking here but not flustered yet haha Prof Colin is really patient in answering my questions and I'm really thankful for that (:
I'm also getting used to having so much time on my hands...
Went on a big shopping trip yesterday hehe!
Much needed retail therapy after the stressful Monday and Tuesday(workshop on Monday didn't go well and I was stressing myself out on Tuesday)!
Also learning how to manage my finances heh....
Cooking is a major challenge for me..
I actually did not foresee myself cooking almost every dinner (thought I'll probably eat out) BUT the food here is so expensive!!
Had thai green curry once and it cost 9pounds which is equivalent to 18sgd........ (but it was good and made my tummy really happy)
Have been cooking really simple dishes like minced beef and broccoli, noodles etc
And my greatest accomplishment is probably cooking tom yum fried rice!! (': Was so proud of myself while eating it and of course I asked Mummy for help!
Thank God for Mummy!
Heading to Dublin for a weekend trip and I'm excited to travel again (:
Am probably too lazy to blog about the Europe travelling month already but I'm trying to update here regularly to record the time here meaningfully (:
Here's a pretty photo taken while on the Highlands Tour last weekend (:
And the nus peeps (;
POSTED BY Junie Ang ON Friday, October 03, 2014 @ 6:56 AM